Claims to Fame
Famous People I've Been within 10 feet
- John Young, former HP CEO. I shook his
hand in 1990.
- Garry Shandling, Pacific Beach Improv
- Ellen Degeneres, Pacific Beach Improv
- Jerry Lewis, 9/95 (on his yacht Sam's
Place in the San Diego Harbor)
- Drew Barrymore, 1/94 (Spago, Forum Mall,
- Sinbad, 1/95 (Las Vegas Hilton, Consumer
- Burt Rutan. I had dinner at his table
when he presented a talk at UC Irvine.
- Tom Selleck at LAX. 9/95. I didn't actually
see him, but he was reported to have walked by.
- Betty White, also at LAX. 9/95. I didn't
see her either, but I'm told I was very close to her at the time.
- Michael Eisner, Disney CEO. I passed
him on a narrow bridge at 4:50pm on 12/31/95 at Disneyland, near the
King Trident fountain.
- Jerry Lewis, 96, on his yacht in the
San Diego harbor.
- Sinbad, 1/97 (Las Vegas Hilton, Consumer
Electronics Show). I walked right by him but was too embarassed to ask
for a picture or autograph. I figure if they're just out and about they
probably would not want to be bothered.
- Jim Belushi, 10/97. I rode up with him
in the elevator to the Foundation Room at the House of Blues on the Sunset
- Amy Gilliom, contemporary Hawaiian Musical
artist, 4/99 (at the 1999 Merrie Monarch Festival. I was sitting
10 seats down from her.)
- Sam Choy, famous Hawaiian restauranteur,
4/99 (he was driving away from Sam Choy's Diamond Head on Easter
Famous People I've Been within 200 yards
- Hillary Clinton, 10/96, at the Walt Disney
World 25th Anniversary Celebration.
Other Claims to Fame
- Coach Tommy Lasorda used to live in Fullerton,
CA, my home town
- Rock & Roll Icon Jackson Browne attended
my high school (Sunny Hills High School)
- Olympic diver Greg Louganis attended
my alma mater, UC Irvine
Even Weaker Claims to Fame
- My mother-in-law saw Jay Leno at a gas
station in Burbank.
- My mom saw John Wayne's son at the airport
in Las Vegas.
- My in-laws are groupies of JJ Holiday
who, among other things, plays the guitar in Jim Belushi's Sacred Heart
- My in-laws know Chuck E Weiss, of Rickie
Lee Jone's "Chuck E's in Love."
- My sister-in-law recently espied John
F. Kennedy Jr.
- My husband's cow-orker Dave saw Patrick
Warburton at the Royal Kona Resort on the Big Island.
- My friend Kate's brother John had Seder
with Barbra Streisand.
Teri's Home Page
Fratkin Home Page